12.09.2005

All mine.

I tried to dye my hair brown. It didn't work, but that is beside the point. I asked Ryan if he thought Alex would still love me if I was brunette. He said, "No, probably not. He is really shallow." Now, obviously this was all a joke and we had a good laugh, but still I had to smile. He isn't shallow, and I know he would love me if my hair was brown, or red, or accidentally pumpkin-colored like it is now. He pretends not to notice the extra five pounds I've put on, and he tells me how pretty I look when I come home from dance in my sweats, and he kisses my forehead when he gets up to leave the room, and he writes me notes and leaves them in my books and coat pockets, and he makes me smile when I write mushy blogs about how much I love him... and he's mine.