12.04.2005

I almost stepped on a homeless man today.

Really, I did. He was sleeping in the back stairwell of my apartment in the middle of the morning. And as it turns out, it is not enough that he is illegally residing in our building in the evenings, but he found it necessary to lie face down on the ENTIRE FLIGHT OF STAIRS right outside my hallway door. Now I don't know about you, but if I were living somewhere I shouldn't be, I would try and be a bit more discrete than that. Jeepers. I'm not trying to belittle the severity of his situation, because I do understand that he is in a very unfortunate position; and I honestly don't care that he sleeps in my back stairwell. I would just like to utilize the stairs for their intended purpose- getting from one floor to the next, and I cannot do that when there is a man sleeping on them. What to do, what to do...