After Wedding Conversation
We get home after the wedding and change out of our dresses and tuxes. It's like 11 pm, and everyone is crashing after a long day. My dad comes down into the kitchen where my sister is getting something to drink. I am lying on the living room floor, listening to the whole thing...
My sister- "Dad, why are you dressed like that?"
Dad- "I'm going to bed."
My sister- "Dad, you're wearing khaki shorts."
Dad- "What do you want me to wear?"
My sister- "Sleep pants."
Dad- "Don't have any. Would you rather I wear nothing? We have guests."
My sister- "But dad, khaki shorts?!"
Exit Dad, unaffected, stage right.
My sister- "Dad, why are you dressed like that?"
Dad- "I'm going to bed."
My sister- "Dad, you're wearing khaki shorts."
Dad- "What do you want me to wear?"
My sister- "Sleep pants."
Dad- "Don't have any. Would you rather I wear nothing? We have guests."
My sister- "But dad, khaki shorts?!"
Exit Dad, unaffected, stage right.

<< Home